Colwich Community Library
Policies, Late Fees, Fines and How to Avoid Them
As of February 8th, 2019
- All new releases (within last 6 months) are due in two weeks with no renewals allowed.
- All other books that are due within three weeks and allowed up to two renewals.
- Magazines, audio books, and cake pans are due in two weeks.
- All DVD’s are due in one week.
- Over-sized games are due in one week.
Late Fees and Fines
- If your account has a balance of $5.00 or more you will not be allowed to check out materials.
- Fees are charged .20 cents per day after the due date, with a maximum of $5.00.
- Late fee on over-sized games is $5.00 per day.
- If the item you have checked out is lost or damaged, we will charge your account with replacement cost of the item.
How to Avoid Late Fees and Fines
- Return materials before due date inside or in the book drop outside. ELECTRONICS MUST BE BROUGHT INSIDE.
- Log in to your account on colwichlibrary.org and renew online.
- Call us at 316-796-1251 or e mail at email@example.com with a request to renew.
If our library is closed on a regular scheduled day (ex. Snow day) we will make the necessary changes so you will not be fined for those days. Library services are meant to be free and helpful to our patrons, however it requires cooperation from both parties to be successful.