Don’t forget to sign up for the Summer Reading Program! Ages 1-18 and lots of great prizes to earn!
Our annual Spring Book Sale is going on now! Over 1500 books to choose from by popular authors! Sale ends May 11th so come in soon!
Sign up at the library for get on the map for our City Wide Garage Sale. Cost is only $10 and helps cover the cost of advertising.
The library will be closed this Friday through Monday so our employees can spend a long weekend with family. Have a safe and enjoyable holiday!
The library will be closed Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day!
The Library Staff and Board wish you all a safe and happy Christmas and New Years!
Our 2nd annual Christmas Lights Scavenger Hunt is on now until January 5 (last day for prizes). Pick up a sheet at the library or check below
The Colwich Community Library
The Second Annual Christmas Lights Scavenger Hunt
Every Family and/or group that completes this paper will get to pick out a prize to share with the group. This hunt will begin December 17th and end January 4th. The final day to redeem prizes will be January 5th at 7:00pm.
Part 1: You must find 18 of the following decorations.
Peppermints 13 Gifts of Christmas K-State Powercat
Green Star Giant Candy Cane (6 Ft tall) Fishing Snowmen
Dinosaur Santa Homer Simpson Santa Group of Plaid Gnomes
Santa pulled by Llama Buddy the Elf with a present “Musical” Christmas Tree
Snail with gifts Weiner Dog pulling Snowman Snoopy Dancing on Piano
Leg Lamp Christmas Story Bunny Elf on a Shelf
Family of Gingerbread People (4) Merry Christmas in Candy C`anes Santa pulled by Flamingos
All Decorations on the list will be within the Colwich City Limits.
Part 2: Answer the following Christmas Trivia questions. **Try before you Google**
- In Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol, what was the first name of Scrooge? ________________________________________________________________________
- What did Frosty the Snowman do when a magic hat was placed upon his head? ____________________________________________________________________________
- What are you supposed to do when you find yourself under the mistletoe? ________________________________________________________________________
- How do you say “Merry Christmas” in Spanish? ________________________________________________________________________
- What is the best-selling Christmas song ever? ________________________________________________________________________
Part 3: Tally all the Nativities you see while looking at decorations during your hunt.
How many did you find?
The __________________________________________________________________ family/group had a blast on the Christmas Light Scavenger Hunt!!
Mark your calendar for a visit from Santa!
When: December 7, 2021
Where: The Keg Dance Hall
*Note the location change due to limited space
What: All the children can have a visit with Santa. Families can enjoy cookies and a photo booth too!
Bonus: Every year we host a supply drive for the Wichita Children’s Home. Donations can be brought to the Santa visit or dropped off at the library at any time!
Library Board Meetings are usually the third Tuesday of the month at 7:00 but Novembers will be Wednesday November, 17th at 8:00 due to scheduling conflicts.
We will soon be looking for a few new board members so if you are interested in helping the library let us know.
The Colwich Community Library is looking for a fun, creative, flexible individual to work 5-10 hours per week (possibly more).
- Able to work some evenings and Saturdays
- Comfortable with technology
- Comfortable assisting patrons of all ages
This is a very unique position – if this sounds like you and you want to work with a great group of ladies, pick up an application at the library!